Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward aquabug help

1. Back To Top    #1

Central Indiana

Hayward aquabug help

Just purchased a Hayward aquacritter and having some trouble. After a few minutes the pump starts having a low water level like enough water is not coming through. It's a Hayward 1 hp pump so I think it should be plenty strong. Any thoughts on what's going on?

Question 2) the instructions say to shove the Hayward hose with the cone adaptor straight down into the skimmer hole without using the basket. Why would they want you to not use the basket?

Question 3) can I use my regular pool hose and vacuum plate adaptor instead of the hose that came with T the cleaner?
    13500 gallon AG (24' round), 100 sf cartridge filter, Hayward 1hp pump, pool 10-15 years old with recently replaced liner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward aquabug help

The air in the pump basket may be caused from air entering the hose at some point at a connection. I use a 30' hose for my cleaner and never have used the short sections that are commonly included with these types of cleaners.

I'm using a different adapter for my hose into my skimmer that works fine. You wouldn't want to use the skimmer basket because the cone must make a nearly water-tight/suction connection for best performance.