Leak In Pool Cleaner Line

Jul 1, 2016
Rock Hill SC
Two years in a row I have had a leak in my pool cleaner line. Have had to dig under concrete to repair the leak. Was told by leak detector guy I could close off this line and use another. This year I seemed to have the same problem and refuse to dig that hole again. Finally decided to close off that line. The line seems to run from cleaner booster pump, straight into the ground to the return in the pool where I connect the cleaner. I plugged the return in the pool and cut the PVC pipe going to my booster pump and plugged that.
it seemed to work the first couple of days but now have noticed I am losing water somewhere...not as much as before, but still a lot. Is there something I'm missing? This line doesn't seem to have any kind of valve unless it connects to another pipe under ground. Do you think I have closed this line properly and maybe have a leak somewhere else?

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Sorry it's taken us so long to respond. Viewers pick & chose a post based on the title, so maybe some were thrown-off a bit. But it really sounds like you have an overall leak issue somewhere. If you had one in the cleaner line, that should not be a player now because you isolated it. So that means there's another potential leak somewhere. You can review the TFP Pool School - Leak Detection page, but also consider the process of elimination which is what we typically do:
- Check water level changes with pump off for 24 hours and returns/skimmer plugged (leak would rule-out plumbing)
- Isolate just the suction or pressure sides in an attempt to find the new leak location
- Check behind your light fixture in the "niche" if you have one. It's not uncommon for ground settling to crack the light conduit pipe inside that area

Just some thoughts. Hopefully this will get your post moving again. :bump: Good luck, and welcome to the forum.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.