Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: A&H Super Washing Soda Disaster

1. Back To Top    #1

A&H Super Washing Soda Disaster

Hi I have a small above ground pool (about 6000 gallons). I've been having difficulties getting the PH and TA balanced. Someone had suggested A&H Super Washing Soda. I tried it and now the water is pretty much perfect in PH & TA, but now it's SUPER CLOUDY. I've been running the skimmer, even dropped the robot in there and no go. We've now been about 4 or 5 days without pool - Kids are about to kill me. I tried the HTH clarifier, but doesn't seem to work. Did I use too much Super Washing soda? Is there any fix in site?

Any thoughts ideas would be great. Kids are digging my grave as we speak.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: A&H Super Washing Soda Disaster

Welcome to TFP

Often cloudiness is caused by algae. How are you testing your water?
    11 000 gallons, IG, Fibreglass, Monarch Sand Filter, Davey Typhoon C100M 1HP pump, Davey Chloromatic Mc16CTO ESR SWG, Davey Pool Wall Climba Robot, Daisy Solar Cover,
    K-2006

3. Back To Top    #3

Hello and welcome to TFP! For us, it's almost impossible to know what might be happening without some reputable water test results. We recommended either a TF-100 (link below) or Taylor K-2006C. Do you have either of those to post test results with so we can see your numbers?
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Cloudy water is usually due to the lack of chlorine.

Can you post up a full set of results like this:

FC
    CC
    PH
    TA
    CH
    CYA

What test kit do you have?

Can you update your signature with the specifics on your pool. Here are the details we need: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

5. Back To Top    #5

By the way, in case you didn't know already, washing soda raises pH. Not sure if that's what you wanted to do, but knowing what your test results are will help us significantly.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!