1 lb DE Scoop = 1/2 pound of DE??

Jun 29, 2016
Plattsburgh NY
Good Morning,

Probably a noob question, but I am confused as to what the correct measurement of DE is for my particular filter. I have a Pentair ST50 filter, which is approx. 48 square feet. The filter guide says a 1 pound coffee can covers approximately 5 square feet of filter area, so I am looking at 9-10 scoops for my filter.

I bought a 1 pound DE Scoop off of Amazon... http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Devil-B8...00AERVV48/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

However this 1 pound scoop says one scoop = 5 square feet of filter area (just like the coffee can). If that is true then I just paid 10 bucks for a slightly prettier coffee can lol. You would think that a 1 pound DE scoop would actually give you 1 pound of DE. Very confusing!

Yep.

I have an bright orange DE scoop that is much bigger than a coffee can and holds 1-lb (roughly) of DE per scoop. You can find them in Pool Stores. I would return that scoop and just go get one from the pool store unless you don't mind putting in extra scoops.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.