Just Got My Test Kit - First Numbers

Jun 8, 2016
Tulare, CA
Ran my first tests this afternoon. Here are the results -- seems a good heavy chlorination is in order.

Water Temp 82 degrees
PH approx 8.2

FC 1.0
CC 0.0
TC 1.0

CH 300
TA 120
CYA 30

Will take a look at Pool Math and see what comes up.....appreciate your comments!

Thanks!:shark:

Hows your water looking with that low of FC?

Get some bleach in that badboy fast if you can, 'k?

Your pH is too high- is this new plaster? Get some muriatic acid in there and bring it down to about 7.5.

Just remember to NEVER mix chlorine and muriatic acid. Don't even store them near each other. You can add both of these about 30 minutes apart. Brush well between doses and after.

Just took a look at Pool Math and got the same info - thanks for confirming what I got back! Also, thank you for the tip on adding both chemicals.

Have a few spots of green showing up so I am thinking that hitting the chlorine harder than Pool Math suggests may not be a bad idea. The pool is not new, but the water is fairly new and had been hit with acid once before -- I assume that it was not hit hard enough (glad I have some on hand).

Will get the chemicals in the pool and run test again in 24 to 48 hours.
Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.