TF100 Newbie and Test Results

It has to be something like that........Make sure to turn the breaker off and take pics as you work so we can see what you find so we can all learn from you.

Well I started to take pictures but with the sun angle, etc they just didn't look very good.

One possibility is an obstruction in the suction line going from pool to pump.

Another is air getting into the suction line, but you would be seeing air in the pump's strainer basket.

None of the lines have an obstruction so it wasn't that.

So yesterday I took off the multi-port valve and there was nothing clogging it up and there was dirt on top of the sand like there should be. Couldn't check the laterals or stand pipe because I wasn't prepared to remove all the sand from the filter at this time. I put the valve back on, double checked all the lines. I also took off the pump filter basked and removed the front plate from the impeller. There was a little bit of debris in there but not what I would consider enough to cause the suction at the skimmer to be low. Cleaned it all out, the first time I cleaned it out I just dug stuff out from where the suction line ties into the pump. I put it back together and turned the pump back on.

Before I turned the pump on, the top of the pool water was so dirty because the skimmer hasn't been pulling much in. Before I started working on the pump / filter, we were watching little flowers come by the skimmer door and go right past it so I knew there was something not right with the suction side of things. Turned the pump back on and the pressure went to 7 on the gauge, nice strong flow from the return and it was pulling everything that came close to the skimmer right into the basket. Looks like my problem is solved and everything is working like normal.

Thanks for the suggestions and help!!! :kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.