Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TF100 Newbie and Test Results

1. Back To Top    #1

TF100 Newbie and Test Results

Just received my TF100 today so I was anxious to see what my numbers are.

Test results from this evening.

Ph - 7.5
    FC - 4
    CYA - 20
    CC - 0
    TC - 4
    TA - 110

I knew CYA would be low because I only added enough to get it to 20 because I didn't have my test kit yet and didn't want to add to much. Pool calculator says to add 28oz of cya to get me to 40 and 18 oz of bleach to get me to my target of 5 for FC according to what the chlorine / cya chart calls for.

So there you go, what do you all think?

***can a mod move this over to the testing section instead of here****
    AGP: 21' x 52" : 10,000 gallon
    100 lb. Sand Filter / 1 hp pump
    11-5 full sun

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TF100 Newbie and Test Results

I'd say you have a good grasp on all this! Good job!!

For future reference, 16 ounces of 8.25% bleach will raise your FC up by 1ppm. Just something useful for you to file away in those memory banks
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks good!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    I'd say you have a good grasp on all this! Good job!!

For future reference, 16 ounces of 8.25% bleach will raise your FC up by 1ppm. Just something useful for you to file away in those memory banks
    That's good to know, hadn't figured that out yet...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post
    Looks good!
    Thank you!! Felt overwhelmed with at first when I read how TFP works but it's really simple once you understand the methods.
    11-5 full sun

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh yeah.... can you add your state to your thingie over there <----- so we all will know where Poplar Bluff is. Thanks.

Some of us <cough cough> are geographically challenged.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

6. Back To Top    #6

Oh yeah.... can you add your state to your thingie over there <----- so we all will know where Poplar Bluff is. Thanks.

Some of us <cough cough> are geographically challenged.

Haha....yes it's Missouri
    11-5 full sun

7. Back To Top    #7

HA! Nothing exists outside a 5 mile radius of my pool!

Thread moved per request.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    HA! Nothing exists outside a 5 mile radius of my pool!

Thread moved per request.
    Haha...thanks!!!

Have a question about testing for TA. Last night when I was testing for TA it said to add drops one at a time until it turns red. What shade of red is considered red for the test, Dark Red, pinkish, etc? Just want to make sure I figured it right, it could change my TA results to 120 or 100....LOL
    11-5 full sun

9. Back To Top    #9

I think the standard answer (for all tests) is when the color (red for TA, blue for CH) stops changing it's done. So add until the last drop makes no difference in the color, subtract the final drop from the total # of drops then multiply.

I am assuming you omitted CH due to a vinyl liner? It will be good to do it once so you can know it and monitor CSI in PoolMath. No big deal, but good to have.
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

10. Back To Top    #10

TFP Guide

Here are the detailed instructions on the TA test which should answer your question: Pool School - Total Alkalinity
    Karen
    33K IG w spa plaster, Pentair 1HP Whisperflo, DE Filter, SWG CircuPool RJ-60, Dolphin Triton Plus, Raypak Dig 336K BTU, TF-100.
    Pool Math Chlorine / CYA Chart SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain
    2017 replaster/retile

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Tool View Post
    I think the standard answer (for all tests) is when the color (red for TA, blue for CH) stops changing it's done. So add until the last drop makes no difference in the color, subtract the final drop from the total # of drops then multiply.

I am assuming you omitted CH due to a vinyl liner? It will be good to do it once so you can know it and monitor CSI in PoolMath. No big deal, but good to have.
    That's what I thought it might be, it stopped changing at the 12th drop so I subtracted that and multiplied giving me 110.

You are correct, didn't do CH because of vinyl liner but I will go ahead and test it just so I know what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kcindc View Post
    Here are the detailed instructions on the TA test which should answer your question: Pool School - Total Alkalinity
    Thanks for the link.

Think I might need to get me some Borax based on what my Ph was last night and this morning. Holding at 7.5 but I think I need to go up to 7.7, unless you all think it's fine at 7.5. Since I filled the pool over a week ago the Ph has been holding at 7.6 without me adding anything until today, had some rain yesterday so I'm sure that had something to do with it dropping a bit.

Oh and test from this morning are:
    Ph - 7.5
    FC - 5
    11-5 full sun

12. Back To Top    #12

PH at 7.5 is definitely fine.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by pooldv View Post
    PH at 7.5 is definitely fine.
    Then I'll leave it at that for the time being.

Any idea as to how much FC i'll loose to sunlight, guess that's pretty dependent on how hot it is out and how many swimmers are in the pool any given day. Wondering if I should shoot for 1-2 ppm above target for my chlorine / cya readings daily or if staying at 5 ppm will keep me above 3 ppm by the end of the day.
    11-5 full sun

14. Back To Top    #14

I believe in playing it safe. I'd go and take it 1-2 over target, so that I hopefully don't drop below 5.

15. Back To Top    #15

Gotcha, I'll bring it up 1-2 over target tonight.

Thought I'd post some pictures of my TFP water from earlier today. I have noticed that around the ladder I've got some tiny bubbles. Must be pulling air somewhere on one of the connections on my pump or I need to adjust my return jet to face a different direction? Right now it's facing a little down and to the right.

11-5 full sun

16. Back To Top    #16

Wow, that's some pretty water!

17. Back To Top    #17

"Any idea as to how much FC i'll loose to sunlight, guess that's pretty dependent on how hot it is out and how many swimmers are in the pool any given day." Loss to sunlight is indifferent of number of swimmers in the pool But loss to sunlight is typically within 2-3 ppm/day. Loss to swimmers depends a lot on the friends you keep

Looks great! Enjoy that pool!
    16' x 32' (21100 gal), vinyl, 1.5 hp Hayward SuperPump,
    Tagelus TA60/60D Sand Filter, Raypak 399K Digital Heater, TF-100

18. Back To Top    #18

Wow, that's some pretty water!
    Thanks, it's only pretty because I found this site and all the help that's been given here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pool Tool View Post
    "Any idea as to how much FC i'll loose to sunlight, guess that's pretty dependent on how hot it is out and how many swimmers are in the pool any given day." Loss to sunlight is indifferent of number of swimmers in the pool But loss to sunlight is typically within 2-3 ppm/day. Loss to swimmers depends a lot on the friends you keep

Looks great! Enjoy that pool!
    LOL....well the friends I have are pretty clean so that shouldn't be much of an issue. I'll plan on starting out with a little bit higher chlorine level each day.

Hoping to enjoy the pool tonight and this weekend. I haven't had time to get in it the last 3 days.

I still can't help but laugh every time I think about my co-worker saying that he can smell the chlorine in his pool and how he knows it's good because of that and his test strips.
    11-5 full sun

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by aftrshok99 View Post
    I still can't help but laugh every time I think about my co-worker saying that he can smell the chlorine in his pool and how he knows it's good because of that and his test strips.
    <gag> I think I threw up a bit in my mouth reading that.

20. Back To Top    #20

<gag> I think I threw up a bit in my mouth reading that.
    Baaahaha that made me actually LOL!!!

He told me yesterday that he just tosses in one of those Arm and Hammer Clear Balance tabs once a week along with his chlorine tablets that he adds every so often. Also said when he gets close to the pool he can smell the chlorine, so he knows it's working like it's supposed to.

I'm not even going to argue with him about doing it the TFP way. He asked what I was doing and I told him what I'm doing. He said, I'd just get some chlorine pucks, MA and those Arm and Hammer tablets and do that. I know he struggled getting his water clear when he opened it this year. I think he said he also throws a packet of shock in there every couple of weeks (or less).
    11-5 full sun

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast