Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Excited to Test!

1. Back To Top    #1

Wink Excited to Test!

So I was way too excited to get my TF-100 and speedstir in the mail yesterday. I didn't have time to test yesterday evening but I did today.

FC 4.5
    pH 7.5
    CH 100
    TA 80
    CYA 50

By some luck, having used dip strips since we bought the house/pool a year ago, everything is in pretty good shape! I figured it couldn't be too bad because the water is crystal clear. The down side to water this clear is that people can see every spec of dirt on the bottom of the pool when I haven't vacuumed in a while!

Thanks to the knowledge I have gained on here in the last year, this newbie has been able to keep a pool in good shape even without good testing! But now I KNOW the water is in good shape!
    26k Gal IG vinyl, Hayward Super 1HP, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, TFTestkits TF-100 w/ Speedstir
    Links: TFPC for Beginners / ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry / GETTING STARTED / PoolMath / SLAM / TFTestkits / Chlorine/CYA Chart

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Excited to Test!

Looks pretty good ... likely the CC test is 0?

You might bump the FC up at bit to stay above the minimum for your CYA level.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

It's like Christmas in June when you get your first TF-100 w/ Speed Stir! Yeah! Oh, and as for this comment:
    The down side to water this clear is that people can see every spec of dirt on the bottom of the pool when I haven't vacuumed in a while!
    I'm afraid you're stuck on that one. It has gotten me in trouble MANY times. "There's junk down there. Don't you need to vacuum?" Ugh.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry, forgot to list the CC but yes it was 0. Also, used the numbers to find the amount of CL to add to get to target and dosed. I feel like such a dork for being excited about my chemistry set!

26k Gal IG vinyl, Hayward Super 1HP, Hayward Pro Series S244T Sand Filter, TFTestkits TF-100 w/ Speedstir
    Links: TFPC for Beginners / ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry / GETTING STARTED / PoolMath / SLAM / TFTestkits / Chlorine/CYA Chart

5. Back To Top    #5

We won't judge you!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

6. Back To Top    #6

Someone once said if you want to really, REALLY see what needs to be vacuumed, do it at night with the lights on. OMG. Its awful... you see specks all over and floating... if you have an OCD tendency it will drive you nuts!!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain