Stain diagnosis and treatment guide?

I suggest getting a Jack's Magic Stain ID kit. I've been dealing with major staining on my plaster pool this year and have spent the last month trying to diagnose the issue via internet research without success. I was about to start an absorbic acid treatment yesterday (had purchased $100 worth of chemicals to do so) when I read a post that got me thinking I might be on the wrong track. Purchased the Jack's kit for $13 from the local pool store which identified the stain immediately, contacted Jack's customer support and was given directions on now to eliminate the stains. I wish I had done this a month ago...

Just one guys experience. Good luck.

Mike

Had you tried the vitamin c tablets and the puck tests, Kayakersmith?

Yes, both. They were non-conclusive. The stain I have is a large, pale yellow/brown are near the drain in the deep end, where the leaves that get under the cover in winter tend to accumulate. So I have a feeling it's organic. Anyway, I tried Vit. C and it didn't do anything (but it worked well on an obvious rebar stain I have.....god help me).

I also tried resting a puck on it for a while. That actually made the stain darker, at least around the edges of the puck. Kinda weird.

- - - Updated - - -

I suggest getting a Jack's Magic Stain ID kit. I've been dealing with major staining on my plaster pool this year and have spent the last month trying to diagnose the issue via internet research without success. I was about to start an absorbic acid treatment yesterday (had purchased $100 worth of chemicals to do so) when I read a post that got me thinking I might be on the wrong track. Purchased the Jack's kit for $13 from the local pool store which identified the stain immediately, contacted Jack's customer support and was given directions on now to eliminate the stains. I wish I had done this a month ago...

Just one guys experience. Good luck.

Mike

How practical is that kit to use in the dead center of the deep end, assuming I don't have scuba gear?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.