Thanks for the much needed advice

DThompson55

Bronze Supporter
Jun 20, 2016
Manchester, CT
I was at wit's end. Then a personal friend pointed me to this forum. I read. I kvetched. I read some more. I bought the test kit. I loaded up on cheap chlorine from Ocean State Job Lot. I SLAMed. And my water is blue only 5 days after starting the program. In previous years my algae problems went on all season. So much good advice found here, not only about chemicals and testing, but math worksheets too. And I found my filter hose was connected backwards and was letting air in through the swivel. I found better ways to connect the hose to the skimmer. And I found out about those polypropylene hairnets at less than three cents a piece! And and and... amazing.

Yay!! We love to hear that kind of feedback.

If you feel so inclined, consider becoming a TFP supporter. We're all volunteers but the electricity company likes to get paid so... and it keeps the Gerbils in the Wheel moving along ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.