Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thanks for the much needed advice

1. Back To Top    #1
    Manchester, CT

Thanks for the much needed advice

I was at wit's end. Then a personal friend pointed me to this forum. I read. I kvetched. I read some more. I bought the test kit. I loaded up on cheap chlorine from Ocean State Job Lot. I SLAMed. And my water is blue only 5 days after starting the program. In previous years my algae problems went on all season. So much good advice found here, not only about chemicals and testing, but math worksheets too. And I found my filter hose was connected backwards and was letting air in through the swivel. I found better ways to connect the hose to the skimmer. And I found out about those polypropylene hairnets at less than three cents a piece! And and and... amazing.
    15k gallon AG. Sta-Rite System:3 PLD50 DE filter. Hayward Power Flo LX Pump. All replaced since 2011 except DE Filter from late '90s. TF-100 test kit. Nice and Blue thanks to TFP.

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Thanks for the much needed advice

Yay!! We love to hear that kind of feedback.

If you feel so inclined, consider becoming a TFP supporter. We're all volunteers but the electricity company likes to get paid so... and it keeps the Gerbils in the Wheel moving along
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter