Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Randow waves?

1. Back To Top    #1

Randow waves?

Perhaps i am going crazy i don't know but today i noticed random wave disturbance in my 14x42 intex pool. Doesn't seem to be anything too crazy turned off pump and waves still seemed to be going a bit. Found a youtube video Pool waves - YouTube Same issue as mine it doesn't seem to be splashing out. Anyone else had this before ? The pool is within 1/2 inch of being level but water is a bit low right not just above the return due to some water loss from messing with filter the other day.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Randow waves?

Windy day?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Not really gentle breeze maybe ?

4. Back To Top    #4

Earthquake?
    ~22,000 gallons, freeform, Pebbletec, beach entry AquaRite SWCG v1.33 Hayward Tristar SP325EE pump for main draw & skimmer Hayward sand filter S310S 1.5 hp booster pump Paramount PCC2000 in-floor cleaner, skimmer, debris containment canister Waterfall Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED light in Pentair stainless wet niche Jandy Lite2 heater: removed Auto-fill: deactivated

5. Back To Top    #5

Ha i dont think too many EQ's in ohio going to watch it a bit. Someone in comments on that video said maybe from heat but its only like 78 right now

6. Back To Top    #6

Oceanic Conveyer Belt?
    ~22,000 gallons, freeform, Pebbletec, beach entry AquaRite SWCG v1.33 Hayward Tristar SP325EE pump for main draw & skimmer Hayward sand filter S310S 1.5 hp booster pump Paramount PCC2000 in-floor cleaner, skimmer, debris containment canister Waterfall Pentair Intellibrite 5g LED light in Pentair stainless wet niche Jandy Lite2 heater: removed Auto-fill: deactivated

7. Back To Top    #7

All is calm now, For myself finding nearest mental ward weird stuff

8. Back To Top    #8

My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

Intex Wave Pool - YouTube

Another video with same occurrence

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by bradalucas View Post
    Huh.

Try putting a bucket of water or glass of water on the ground and seeing it it moves too? Are you *positive* your pool is level?

11. Back To Top    #11

I was out on a clear day last week and the sun was making circular wave patterns on the floor, like rain was hitting the water. Started wondering if there were bugs, but finally realized it was very small debris/flowers falling from the palm trees that you could not see very well in the air or when they hit the pool, but as soon as they hit the surface, the circular light waves could be see on the floor, but the waves were not big enough to see a disturbance on the water.

The hazards of TFP clear water I guess ... it really looked pretty cool ... although has nothing to do with what you are seeing
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

12. Back To Top    #12

I have a theory it had something to do with the pump disturbing the top of water just perfectly causing it ? In that second video his outlet is spraying top of water also

13. Back To Top    #13

Check out the comments in this video. He links his Facebook video where he states that it's just because the water is a little low and due to the way the return hits near the top of the water. Funny enough that Facebook post someone tells them to try TFP

Also someone said grab your bible. Quite a hoot lol.

27' above ground, 17500 gallons, Cartridge filter Hayward SW1000z4, A.O. Smith Pump SP1515Z1BC 70 GPM, Test kit Taylor TF-100
    Murfreesboro, TN

14. Back To Top    #14

Oops forgot the link Pool mystery unexplained - YouTube

27' above ground, 17500 gallons, Cartridge filter Hayward SW1000z4, A.O. Smith Pump SP1515Z1BC 70 GPM, Test kit Taylor TF-100
    Murfreesboro, TN