What Should I Use Under Legs for Stability?

Apr 27, 2016
San Antonio, TX
We recently set up our 14' x 26' x 52" Splash-A-Round AG pool. We hired someone to come out and level the area for us. That night, it started raining. ALOT! We are in south Texas and it rained for weeks on end. Once the rain stopped, he came back out and said he re-leveled and we were good to go. We then installed the 12" x 12" pavers to go under the legs of the pool making sure they were all at ground level and each paver was level to the other. We noticed the legs of the pool came to the back edge on several of the pavers but thought we would be ok. On one long side of the pool, the pavers were more in sand and on the other long side they were more on solid dirt. We filled the pool up and noticed that the pavers on the sand side sank a little but nothing to worry about. The pavers on the dirt side, however, started snapping in two and that side of the pool started to bow greatly to the point the legs in the center of the side were almost straight up and down. We have drained the pool. :( What do you recommend we use to help with the weight load on that side? We were thinking we should replace the pavers with some that are more heavy duty and possibly put a 2" x 12" on top of the pavers to help distribute the load. Opinions? I have pictures at the following photobucket site: http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/kptmooney/slideshow/Pool Issue
DSC_0761.jpg

DSC_0756.jpg

Copy the IMG code and paste it into your post so that people don't have to click out of the site to see the pic. Many can't or won't. It will look like this

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Seems like we see a lot of broken pavers ...they are not really designed to handle point loads like this.
If I ever had a pool like this (never have and likely never will), I think I would try to use something like redwood (rot resistant) or pressure treated 2x10 or 2x12s. As the wood would have a little give to it and not break.

- - - Updated - - -

How To Post Pictures

4" thick block is the way to go. That extra 2 inches makes a huge difference in strength. If you use lumber double up the 2x12 to get 4x12 pieces for all the same reasons you should use 4 inch concrete block.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.