Complete noob here... My pool was just installed this morning and the garden hose has begun filling it up. I have no idea what to do now... Basically, I have a chlorine generator and a sand filter (see signature for details on models). Here are my questions:
1) Up to where do I fill up my pool?
2) There is some kind of control panel that came with the chlorine generator. The installer left it there and told me I need to hook it up. Thing is, I have no idea where to put this thing. Here are pictures of my set-up:
a) The chlorine generator control panel is in red on the left pic. Where do I put it? Do I leave it there, hang it somewhere? In yellow I believe is the cord for the pump. Same question as B
b) Picture on the right, the part in red is where my electric outlet is. Do I need to run the cables up to there, and what if it ain't long enough? Do I use an extension cord? Can I hide the cord under the soil? If yes, what do I use to cover the cord?
3) When do I start the pump, and when do I start the chlorine generator?
4) Once the pool is filled, I guess I just go to the store with a sample of water so they can tell me how much salt I need and what chemicals (I don't have a good testing kit yet, working on getting this)
5) Once I get the salt, do I put it right in the water or somewhere else? I looked at all the instruction manuals I could find that came with my stuff, but nowhere do they say anything about it. They just explain how to install them.
6) Another stupid question: when can I start using the pool?
Thanks a bunch for everything and sorry for my noobness.