Newbie - Follow up

Jun 8, 2016
Stow, MA
I appreciated a lot of the help on my first post...I have been able to get it all going in the right direction now. We've been swimming in it now for a week or so, once I passed the OCLT. Per suggestions, I've put hairnets in place for the skimmer and the pump basket, and this is stopping my pine needle issue, and the nets seem to still be catching some dead grayish algae.

The little red pine tree seed pod things though...i'm struggling with those little buggers on the bottom of the pool, along with some brown/yellowish slick spots on the bottom. These do not come off with the brush, but if I get in the pool and rub with my feet it comes off? I only have a smallish brush, nylon bristle. Is there something better? I think its looking quite clear now, just needs a little bit more to get it just right...but is there something i'm missing with the yellowish stuff on the bottom?
IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3315.JPG
The manual vacuum doesn't seem to do anything either? I set the Hayward Ultra vac up last night and tossed it in this morning while I went to work, so we'll see how that helps (at the bare minimum get those little seed pod things).

I do think I have some some metal staining, which I still need to get a metal test done...i'm not overly concerned with that at the moment.

Were getting 1,000 sqft of concrete pool deck put in within the next couple weeks, so Ill be happy to be rid of the gravel/pavers that are there...not fun for little or big feet.

For a vinyl liner you have to use a nylon brush. The ones with metal bristles mixed in would poke holes in your liner.

I struggle with stuff falling in my pool too. I have 2 robots and a solar cover, so that keeps me somewhat free of debris.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.