First Timer - New Pool Purchase

Jun 8, 2016
Tampa
Hi all -
I've been lurking a bit over the last few weeks trying to learn as much as possible.
We're getting close to ordering a pool and I was looking for some advice/feedback.

My wife and I like the 15x30 oval size and we believe this size will fit our setup the best. We definitely prefer to have the salt water setup as well.
We're thinking of getting the Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54 from Poolsupplyworld.
Will this pool be suitable for a saltwater setup?

I'm having trouble finding how many gallons this size pool holds. Is there a formula for that?

Lastly, I like the idea of the 2 speed pumps. What size is recommended for this size pool?
I welcome any advice or experience on pump preference and salt water system preference.

Thank you All.
Dave

Any pool is suitable for a salt water chlorine generator. With a salt system, you can have increased corrosion on metal parts that come in contact with pool water but this can be minimized with proper installation and chemistry maintenance.

If you want to know the volume, check out our Pool Math page. The link is at the top of the page. Toward the bottom there is a Estimating pool volume calculator. You can input the dimensions for a round, oval or rectangular pool. Keep in mind that you should use water depth, not wall height for the "deep" measurement.

For your size pool, you'd be fine with a 3/4 or 1/2 HP pump. Most dual speed pumps are hard to find below 3/4 HP, but that's plenty for your pool.

As far as SWG systems go, there are many options but go with one that is rated for about twice your pool volume to reduce necessary SWG and pump run time.

Along similar pump lines, I just installed a new Intex 18x48, which came with 1500 gph pump. Is there an available resource to ascertain whether this pump is sufficient to drive a vacuum cleaner such as the EZ-vac? It does not have a skimmer but I have learned in another forum here how to install one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.