Clear water except for bottom.

br1988

Jun 16, 2016
Chicago
Alright I had a green pool last summer, got it clear and had some stuff at the bottom of the pool. It slowly got clear. Now I have the same problem.

The water was a bit green to open this summer, got it clear by shocking and running the filter. When the filter is off everything settles down to the bottom and water is crystal clear. There are some leaves small twigs and looks like dust. Every time I go in the pool to manually remove it with the leaf net, it gets stirred up and pool turns green/brown again. In addition to the dust, there are tree buds, parts of leafs and other things that settle then get stirred up either when I try to clean or run the filter.

Everything is normal in terms of pool chemicals, running high on the chlorine now that I shocked it again PH is normal. I have a Hayward cartridge filter. What are my solutions here to get rid of this stuff.

Thanks.

Shocking won't affect the pH. If your chemistry was normal, there would be no green. Your filter should clear the debris out, so keep it stirred up by brushing a few times a day as you can. Post your current test results and information about your pool and we can give you some guidance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.