Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG Trouble

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG Trouble

I currently have a Polaris Autoclear Plus. I know it's old but it came with the house. It worked perfect last year but for some reason this year it's not going so well. The problem is that it's set to run for 7:25, when it's first turned on it reads my salt level between 3700-3900 and all LEDs are lit up from red to green on the bar graph, but after it runs for 3-4 hours all the LEDs go down to one red one and then it gives me an error code 91.

I have taken water samples to the pool store and they tell me that my water has 0 chlorine in it. I have adjusted to the correct water temp (70), cleaned the cell.

I also put the amount of salt in that the table in the manual suggested. I have been told that a SWG cannot bring the chlorine level up from 0, that you have to shock the pool again, or add liquid chlorine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because it's not in my budget right now to buy a new SWG.

Thanks
    Jason

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG Trouble

I use mine to maintain the level. I use bleach to raise it. For example this morning I was at 4 but I want 6 so I added 35 oz of 10% bleach (I was replumbing my pump/filter yesterday so the SWG was off). I use a test kit with salt test from here, don't have a pool store to go too. Have you cleaned the cell lately?
    Spring 2016 Install, 24'x54" Saltwater LX AG Round Pool (13500 gal.), AquaPro 200 SQ. FT. Cartridge Filter System 2-HP 2-Speed Pump, Solaxx Saltron Retro Jet RJ Saltwater Chlorine Generator, Aqualuminator Above Ground Pool Light, TF-100 Test Kit w/ Borate and Salt, Well Water.

3. Back To Top    #3

he said he cleaned the cell. you really need a signature line - no idea how big your pool is, particulars, vinly, plastic, etc. Please put one on so the experts can help you. Do you have the TFP test kit??? Stay away from the pool store!
    19k SW IG
    Wet Edge pebble tech = new 5/16 (replaster)
    Hayward variable speed pump (new 6/17) /Shark for cleaning
    New - filled 10/18/14 - TFP 100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

18x36, 30k, Gunite, Hayward 1.5 HP Pump, Hayward Sand Filter, Polaris Autoclear Plus SWG

I do not have a TFP test kit, I always have just taken the sample to the pool store.

5. Back To Top    #5

You might have too high of a salt level. This would result in an overcurrent situation and the unit will shut itself off. What is your salt level?
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

6. Back To Top    #6

When I turn the unit on it reads between 3700 and 3900. My last water test from the pool store showed 3850

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP,

Here is how to add your signature and what to put in it, Pool School - Read This Before You Post

Without an FAS/DPD chlorine test you cannot perform the steps necessary for us to help you. You can order one from TFTestkits.net.

Often when SWGs cannot "keep up" it is because algae is growing in the pool and consuming the algae as fast as the SWG can produce it. To determine if there is algae growing in your pool perform the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. If you do not pass then kill the algae by following this process, SLAM
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach