Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Lights and Thermometer for Above Ground Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

Lights and Thermometer for Above Ground Pool

Anyone have any recommendations for lights for an above ground pool? I have none for it right now and was wondering what is the go to choice for lights to help illuminate it in the evening.

Also any recommendations for a thermometer?
    Above ground 24 ft diameter
    Sand Filter
    TF 100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Lights and Thermometer for Above Ground Pool

I use a cheap magnetic Intex. Works like charm...
    9 x 18 Hydro Force AGP, Aqua Pro AP ASFAL 75 pump and sand filter, Hayward Skimmer, Raypak 106A propane heater, Sunquest Solar Panels, Pentair Rainbow test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

NightLighter MAKES A COUPLE GOOD 110 PLUG IN MODELS WITH LOOOOOOOONG CORDS.

Thermometer--flat blue cheap plastic one.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle.Ganz View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations for lights for an above ground pool? I have none for it right now and was wondering what is the go to choice for lights to help illuminate it in the evening.

Also any recommendations for a thermometer?
    As for the lights, I second the cheap intex magnet lights. Get them on sale, they don't last more than a season or two. For the thermometer I am a huge fan of the wireless pool thermometer (ambient on amazon). Shows the high/low of the day and current temp for pool from the inside of your home. If you do go with the wireless pool thermometer, heed the warning and make sure you replace the desiccant pack when you change the batteries. Going on Year 3 with my wireless therm. Also have a cheapo floater by the ladder.
    24' X 54" round AGP with Uni-Bead Portofino Liner - 25 Gauge, partially in-ground. Hayward Perflex EC-40 D.E. Filter System 1-HP Power-Flo Pump. Installed Spring 2014.

5. Back To Top    #5

I have used a Nightlighter for 3 seasons now. It has been in the pool year round and still works fine. It lights up my 18x34 just fine. As for the thermometer, get one you like and buy a couple of them, they don't last more than a couple of seasons. I use the flat blue one too.

The Light:
    Nitelighter Economy Above-Ground Pool Light - Swimming pool lights

The thermometer:
    Amazon.com : Pool Thermometer By Aquatix Pro Offers Premium Water Thermometers with String, Integrated Pocket Garden
    18x34 Doughboy AGP 22300K Gallons - Build Thread
    Aquaview 24" Sand Filter - 1.5 HP Powerline Pump - Barracuda Ranger - Taylor K-2006 - BBB
    Pool School and Pool Calculator

6. Back To Top    #6

Yup, cheap but readable thermometer hung with a long shoelace from a small piece of pool noodle floats in my pool. Works great!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain