Pool coating

My in-ground, 35,00-gallon, stone swimming pool doesn't hold water well. I was told, years ago, that water would not go through the stones, but would go through the cement between the stones. Drylok worked for a while. What is the best waterproof coating to paint between the stones?

imagejpeg
imagejpeg

So the WHOLE pool is made of those stones? What is all of the blue stuff?

As far as what is the best sealer I wonder if something for basements would work. How long did the drylock work? That would be a PAIN to repaint often.

Kim:cat:

The blue Ondura sheets are a cover (or a roof) that was over the pool. It wasn't opened for several years (since my house caught on fire) and the leaves got kinda heavy on it. The beam that fell in looks good from what I can see. An animal may have pushed it over enough for it to fall in. I'll analyze the situation when I drain it and repair everything. Repairing the house has been a higher priority. The Drylok worked ok for a few years. It has been redone a time or two since it was built in the eighties. I was hoping there was something better. How about epoxy?

I hear ya on getting the house fix first! Must have been a scary time for you.

I wonder if the epoxy will stick to the cement? That is beyond my tool set. Maybe do some general searches and see what you find. I wish I could help more.

At least you know the drylock works.........

Kim:cat: