Sod removal for install

Depending on your soil, watering the ground may help. You may also be able to rent a sod-kicker or a sod-cutter from a tool rental place. Both are much easier than a shovel, but can be hard to manuver in tight areas.

Thanks for the suggestions.
We are going the less expensive route and having son in law coming over to help :-D
It really isn't that large of area, so I think between the 3 of us we can so this.
Really glad I found this forum, though. We are some what new to the "pool scene", although I have had an Intex pool for nearly 10 years. But, I always drained it each season, I have never winterized a pool before. Or installed one either for that matter. I have no idea about PH, and all the other chemical stuff either. I just kept HTH tabs in the floater and added algicicide once a week, cleaned the filter when necessary and ran my Pool rover on the bottom to keep it clean. I sure hope I can keep this one clean as well.

Really looking forward to having this pool installed and out of the boxes!

Christine

Thanks for the info!

I will definately look into the test kit as I am going to need to purchase one. With this offered kit, is some kind of a chart included to see where your readings are supposed to be? I need all the help I can get :-D

But, don't want to put the "cart before the horse". We finally got all the sod removed this past weekend with a pick ax and shovels. That was a LOT of work. Now hubby is perfecting his leveling of the site so it isn't bumpy and the dirt is all hard, smooth and level. Hopefully, we will be ready for sand this upcoming Saturday!

Christine

Use the The Pool Calculator, link on the Home Page. Enter your pool size (gallons) and select Select Goal Levels at the bottom. The fields will show up with the appropriate range for each test. Get familiar with the calculator ahead of time. Enter some numbers say Cl 0 in the first field and 5 in the second. You will get the idea. Its an invaluable tool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.