Sweat bees

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
AFTER RESEARCH 99% SURE THEY ARE HONEY BEES
Sorry for the confusion

So I know there's gonna be a bee or 2 or 3 here and there but yesterday I had a bigger issue. I went to take off the solar cover and there was 1 flying around by the ladder. By the time I bungeed it to the other side and looked back there was like 10-12 of them flying around. My neighbor has a bee colony like 125' away from my pool. He had some weird stuff in the trees a week ago and brought it down and put it by the boxes? And now I seem to have a big problem. Is there anything I can do to make them less attracted to my ladder as my kids were freaking out. Same neighbor that his chickens would come in my yard and throw my mulch all over my yard from my landscaping. I already complained about that and would hate to go over there and say Something about this but if this is the new norm something is gonna have to be done.

Well my wife said they were sweat bees yesterday after looking something online up but I'm not sure. There a lighter golden color

- - - Updated - - -

Doing a quick search I believe they are honey bees. Not sure why she said sweat bees last night but....

The bees are attracted to the salt in your sweat. Do you have a SWG? That will attact them to the pool, the salt that is. Sweat bees make a nest in the ground. You could try to find the little hole they come out of and treat that. There will be several holes. They may be sitting in your neighbors tree, but they don't live there. The chickens will gladly eat them and any other bugs that come along so if he keeps them overthere and keeps them clean, they are only helping your bug situation. They do sting and it smarts...especially the kids.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.