6 day vacation coming... recommendations?

Jul 17, 2012
Forest, VA
I'm leaving Saturday for a vacation and will not be back home for 6 days. I'm just wondering how to approach this. My cya is 30-40. I used bleach to chlorinate but will not have anyone here to do so while I'm gone. I'm thinking that I should bring up to shock level for my cya just before leaving. I usually burn 3-4 ppm FC per day due to full sun. What do I do about my pump? I can't leave it on for 6 days while away. Maybe just heavy chlorinate and mix really well, then shut everything down? Thanks for any replies

You have to have circulation.....no way around that. The only alternative is risk returning to a green pool. 6 days without a pump is a recipe for trouble but you might get away with it.

We run our pump 7 days a week. it runs from 7 to 7 at 1875 rpm. It runs from 9-4 at 2500 rpm for our SWG. I can't imagine turning my pumps off. We, too, will be gone for 9 days and I am wondering how to manage the pool while gone. We will have someone dump the skimmer baskets but that's about it. I was thinking about turning up the SWG when we go too to keep the chlorine high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.