Dirty "Corners" of Intex Easy Set

Jun 29, 2016
Edmond, OK
I'm having trouble cleaning my soft-sided pool at the curve where the wall meets the floor. I think I had algae...shocked then vacuumed to waste...but the hard-to-reach corner is still dirty. I've done my best to brush, let it settle, then vacuum again, but I can't brush it all off. Do I need to add more chemicals? Water is clear (for now?). Thanks for your help.

Hello and welcome fellow Oklahoma pool person! :wave:

Shocking, SLAM as it's referred to here, isn't a one time process and then your done. It's a process that must be carried out to the end or stuff will continue to grow. You can read all about it in pool school under the section How To or thru this link SLAM Shock Level and Maintain if you still have something that won't brush off than its possible you still have algae and need to continue following the slamming instructions to completion.

That seam where the floor and wall meet is a horrible breeding ground for stuff to collect and grow. At least on mine it was. The seam faced upward so everything got trapped in it. Really hated that about mine.

Posting test results is a good way for us to see what shape your water is in so we can offer suggestions to help.

Thank you so much for your response! And hello from Edmond. :) Every time I start to think I'm figuring out this pool business I get overwhelmed again. When I take my pool water to Leslie's, do they do the FAS-DPD test? Or is it something I'll have to do on my own?

Leslie's can test that for you but just know that pool store testing is not usually the best at being accurate but it's a start. It is really best if you can test the water yourself. Even one of the 6way HTH test kits are better than nothing. The test kits that are offered on here are wonderful and will get you every test you will need.
Once you learn how easy it is to do your own testing and get your water balanced you'll be surprised at how easy it is to keep your pool sparkling all year long!

One thing i found that works better for scrubbing the soft side pools than the pool brush you can buy is a car was brush. Its smaller and has more surface area than the pool brushes iv seen in my area and works great for tight areas

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.