How much bleach?

Jun 29, 2016
Deer Park
Hi Guys,

I have new Intex 26' round x 52" above ground pool that holds about 14,500 gallons of water(filled on Monday). I have ordered a Intex sand filter 3000 GPH to replace the stock filter that came with it(now running it). I'm also just about to order the TF-100 test kit.

I have a HTH 6-way test kit now and my numbers are CL 0, BR 0, PH 8+, Total Alkalinity 250, and Total hardness 260.

My questions is how much bleach do I need to put in to start? I'm using chlorinating liquid 10% Sodium Hypochlorite. I have put 3 gallons in so far and still getting clear water after adding 5 drops of oto.

I have read through the pool school and pool math and looked for previous threads.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

Welcome to TFP!

Until you get some CYA in the water, you are going to lose all your FC to the sun each day.

Get 30ppm of CYA dissolving in a sock in front of a return jet. And add 2ppm of FC in daily until it is dissolved. Then maintain adequate FC according to the FC /CYA chart in Pool School.

Use PoolMath to calculate the amount of the chemicals you need to add.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.