Carrollton tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I had planned to get my pool replstered this spriing but the highly recommended contractor is also HIGHLY busy and HIGHLY slow in responding
So even though i signed contract over a month ago
Ive given up on getting it doine this summer so I can use pool

Due to pending drain and plaster AND my leak - I havent been using SWG and haven't kept up salt levels or honestly any levels except FC and PH

Ive been using pucks AND Bleach
This week I decided to stop leaving pool "on hold " and and added 400 lbs of salt and am using SWG for first time EVER.

With SWG on 80% to prove it works and the pool running about 7 hours a day and the 2 pucks still in the pool the results are below

Pool is clear, I do get a little green in the corner on the beach entry where its REALLY shallow and the water gets really warm.

FC 7
CC 0
CYA a few days ago was 35 ish
TA is 50
CH 275

Plan to lower the SWG % some since I want to leave the pucks for the stabilizer

I have some cal hypo left over to help raise the CH
and I think a couple pounds of soda

What is the urgency to adjust these numbers ?
What would you do ?

Will be traveling some later in the summer and hope to leave the pool to its own devices for 2 weeks with SWG and pucks.
Maybe find a friend to come check basic numbers in middle trip, maybe not.

Ill also use this to track Salt loss due to leak:
Added 10 bags of salt on Tuesday6/28 to raise salt from 1000 to 3300 ppm

if it was me, I would add CYA to 80 and only use SWG and stop using pucks, it is costing you more money using both.

Thanks for reply

Well the pucks were left by the previous owner
a nearly full 100lb can
it's about half full now and with the leak it's a free way to try to keep cya up

i dumped a remaining 1lb of stabilizer in last night and remaining soda left from previous owner

I'll retest tomorrow

well the 10,000 gallon water bill in Feb with no sprinklers running, started my investigation
then did the bucket test,
then noticed constant loss of salt and CYA ...
All point to a leak
Pool has an auto fil

Ive received another water bill and its less ... Which is confusing ... Good news though

The salt PPM has held at 3300 till last night in the 1.5 inches of rain, the ppm is now 3200.
We had a pretty big storm.

So almost a week with no measurable salt loss is better than I figured ...

Using this thread to track my salt loss ...

Salt down to 3100 according to the aqua pure

2 weeks and a couple rains and its down approx 200 ppm
not awful.
I'll keep tracking it

Ive received another water bill and its less ... Which is confusing ... Good news though

The salt PPM has held at 3300 till last night in the 1.5 inches of rain, the ppm is now 3200.
We had a pretty big storm.

So almost a week with no measurable salt loss is better than I figured ...

Using this thread to track my salt loss ...

If your water bill is anything like mine, they only read the meter every other month, and they pretty much guess on the months in between. It makes it hard to track down high water usage.

And rain won't make your salt go away, unless you are having to pump water out to keep the pool from overflowing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Salt PPM had fallen to 3100 so I added a 40 lb bag on 8/7

back to 3300

Is a bag a month a lot ?

We did get some rain in the past month

Reminder - the pool has auto fill and a drain to keep it from over filling from rain

Down to 3000 ppm and added another bag before labor day party

Had some rain but not a ton

I guess a bag a month isnt awful

down to 2700 today 45 days later
Weve had some rain -
Letting it drop some more since the pool will be too cold to run the SWG soon anyway

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.