Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Newbie

1. Back To Top    #1

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a first time pool owner and have really enjoyed this forum. Started setting up my above ground 20'x48" summer waves elite from polygroup this afternoon. Pretty easy setup... Until it started getting dark and I was putting together the final top rail T to the top bar, and it was a really tight fit...but I finally got it. Then I noticed that since it was about dark i put it together with the bottom part of the T inside the liner instead of outside... Does anyone know a trick to get it back apart? It's really tight and I don't want to tear up the liner. I'm at a loss tonight and just wanted any piece of mind that I haven't ruined this pool. Thanks in advance!

-Joey

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide

Re: Newbie

Welcome to TFP

Maybe it will be easier once you get some light and a fresh day, let us know if you can not get it off, see if you can upload a picture
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks! Here is a pic.

8000gal Summer Waves Elite 20'x48"
    Above Ground
    Sand Filter
    Set on a level concrete pad

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

that part is tight but with some work should come loose, maybe some spray lube to help.. picture works, I was really wondering what was going on now I know
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

5. Back To Top    #5

Yeah that sucker is tight. I've got some muscle coming over this afternoon. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks!

Above Ground
    Sand Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Got it! Just go ahead and set up the legs on the pool and you can even out the liner. It still takes two or three people! Now she's filling up. Time to get some numbers and get it balanced!

Above Ground
    Sand Filter

7. Back To Top    #7

TFP Guide

Nice job