Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What is the name of the shape of my pool? Want to fill out my sig correctly

1. Back To Top    #1

What is the name of the shape of my pool? Want to fill out my sig correctly

I have never seen another pool shaped like mine, and I found a picture of it....Is there a common name for a pool with this shape????

It is the one named 'Muskoka' in the picture....its essential oval at one end and square at the other end...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What is the name of the shape of my pool? Want to fill out my sig correctly

We really do not care what you call it. We just want to know the surface type and volume
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    We really do not care what you call it. We just want to know the surface type and volume
    I would still love to know what to call it...People ask me what shape the pool is (pool stores, etc etc) and I say 'uhhh, its like oval on one side and square on the other, kinda?'

4. Back To Top    #4

There are only about a handful of those pools where if you gave me the name I would know the shape.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

It's a keyhole - sort of.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

I've heard of the Capri shaped pool which I thought was like that....and I've also heard of the Patrician which is like a roman on one end and squared on the other....Maybe one of those?

- - - Updated - - -

But then again capri could also be like a mountain pond too..I agree w/ Geebot...I think it's most like a keyhole.
    IG Vinyl Mountain Pond 22x36/ Depth: 3'4"-6'6"/ About 19,000 Gallons/ Pentair/ Clean&Clear Plus420/ Intellichlor IC40/
    Easy Touch/ Intellabrite 5G LED Color-Changing Light/ DeckJetsII/ S.R.Smith slide

7. Back To Top    #7

keyhole is probably as close as I am going to get to describing the basic shape...although the images of the keyhole pools seem to show the circular part much larger....uhh, like a keyhole lol....but at least the basic principle gets conveyed....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crickets View Post
    I've heard of the Capri shaped pool which I thought was like that....and I've also heard of the Patrician which is like a roman on one end and squared on the other....Maybe one of those?

- - - Updated - - -

But then again capri could also be like a mountain pond too..I agree w/ Geebot...I think it's most like a keyhole.
    it's closer to a keyhole then the other two....but I must say, I really like the way the patrician style looks...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20k Gunite 16' x 32' , Hayward c7030 700 sq ft cartridge filter. Pentair Superflo 1hp 2sp pump, Intellichlor IC40 w/ Power Center SWG, Hayward GL-235 Solar Controller, (2) Digital GE Timers.

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

I couldn't have a pool with the shape of that picture.
    For your pool I'd say ovaltangular.
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

9. Back To Top    #9

LOL @ ovaltangular, pretty sure they skipped that one in elementary school And what the heck is a Muskoka! Keyhole definitely fits it best.

Ooh, I like the Venetian, do that one
    Swim ready :) My Pool Build Thread. IG shotcrete 34x16 Grecian shape. 22k gallons. 3'6 - 8'6 deep. 12x5 Baja ledge w/ 2 Bubblers, 14' raised beam sheer descent waterfall in stacked rock. Custom stone diving board. Hayward sand filter, VS pump, Aquarite T-15 SWCG. A&A In floor system w/ Gamma 4 venturi heads, Blue surf Pebble sheen, Colorlogic LED. Future Travertine Sandcastle Owner.

10. Back To Top    #10

Bmore, you made me spit out my coffee!!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

11. Back To Top    #11

No, it's Ovaltine

but seriously, someone else on this forum is rehabing a pool in the same shape and he called it a keyhole.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.