Algae inside bubblers

itried

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 12, 2014
Angleton, Tx
I have had pool up and running for just less than and year. No issues until now. I noticed green around the bubblers and decided to pull them out. That's when I found the culprit that was eating my FC.. Should these be removed and cleaned on a regular basis? Or do y'all run your bubblers regularly? It doesnt appear they get alot of water circulation under the light/cavity to prevent the algae buildup. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 72
You should not have to clean them very often if proper FC is maintained at all times, based on your CYA and method of chlorination. I would recommend inspecting them periodically, especially when opening the pool in the spring and after any time that proper sanitation has lapsed. Use a toilet brush (dedicated for pool use only! :cool:) to scrub inside the open housing when inspecting.

is it possible to have an algae issue and still show 0 on cc reading? Readings as followed.. That's why started looking for the culprit. Went from 6-7 FC on 6-28-16 @9am to .5 FC checked @ 5pm on 6-29-16

FC- .5
CC- 0
PH- 7.5
CH- 250
TA- 100 (was at 70 when Borates were added, slowly crept up)
CYA- 40
Borates- 50

So i officially started slamming on 7-4. The only visual algae was in the bubblers which were cleaned out. I have taken out all the lights, and scrubbed inside the skimmers and all around the rock water fall, brushing daily, cleaned filters. I am still loosing around 3-4 ppm FC during the night. Water is clear i can see the screw heads on drains in 7' of water. 0 CC just cant pass the OCLT. I have been keeping FC at or above 16. Does it hurt to keep FC higher than recommended slam level, other than wasting bleach? During OCLT does FC levels need to be right at shock FC? Mine have been a little higher. Any suggestions? Am i missing something?

FC- 18.5
CC-0
Ph- 7.5 (tested before bringing up fc)
TA- 80
CH-250
CYA-30 (just re-checked was 40 when started. have added water since start)

From what I understand, trying to keep FC higher than SLAM level causes even more sun burnoff and generally just wastes your bleach. Too much higher for an extended period of time can cause liner bleaching (not that that's a problem for you) as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.