Dallas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I have an oddball dilemma regarding how to power a Stenner pump and to what extents I should go to power this thing. It is a Econ pump, 120 volts. I specifically wanted this one for programming purposes.

Now wired to where I intend to install this pump is a bunch of 220 volt leads. I currently have installed a 120 outlet being fed by the lights which are 120, but this is wired after the on/off switch for the lights (one light specifically, the switches to on off the lights are clear across he pool opposite where the pump station is.

Here are my options as I see it.

I can have an electrician install a 220 step down transformer so I can get my 120 outlet.

I can leave the pool light on permanently.

I can out an on off switch after the outlet, in the pool house. To turn on both sets of lights you'd have to turn on one then the other. Not optimal but an option.

I can reroute the entire light setup to they pool pump area (expensive, few hundred to a grand).

I could find a wemo wireless switch and install it after the outlet outside (they aren't rated for outside).

There is no outlet that is easily installable at that section of the house, and no comparable power on that section do wall within 20 feet.

I can snap some photos if needed.

Thoughts?

Depending on how your 240 line(s) are set up you may be able to get 120 from them. Do the 240's go into a sub panel or directly to the devices they power? The key here is you need a neutral wire in the system. since you already have a 120 circuit out there this should be easy to do

There isn't a neutral present for the 240 lines. The 120v comes out to power that single light but it's on/off switch is clear across the home. The 240's power the pool equipment.

I found a temporary solution to this issue. Its annoying but it'll do.

I'm going to replace the outlet the electrician installed that is hooked into the 120 light switch and replace it with a combination switch and outlet. I can use the switch to turn the light on and off, and I'll have my outlet to power my pump.

Well to pull a new wire through would have been prohibitively expensive.. and also might have failed trying to drag new line through 70 feet of conduit. We figured out a method to deal with it though. Decided to give permanent power to the 120 light that was already wired in, and hook in wireless zwave switches to each light so that they can be remote controlled via phone.

It was a bit of a bizarre method but it'll work for us for now. That and as a added bonus, I now have the blower spa and the lights hooked up to my wifi.

edit update. The wireless switches require a neutral. There is none. I hate my life.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.