Impact of low TA but need it for controlling PH

Still new to the Pool math calc but I got a reading of 0.19 with the numbers I provided above today. I assume as long as I am within -0.06 and + 0.06 I am ok?
Alkalinity and algae are unrelated.

Your TA is fine where it is if that number is accurate. The PoolMath calculator is set up to account for alkalinity corrections based on other levels. Your current numbers equate to a CSI of +0.05. You'd still be in good shape dropping your TA into the 60s.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I think I have been given wrong information for the last 2 years. For the scale treatment would it require an acid bath and re-polish?

Yes. You're being pool-stored! They are trying to sell you lots of baking soda for no good reason. There is no reason to use adjusted alkalinity as a measure and, by them telling you that you need to get that up to 125ppm, that would force your total alkalinity to 170ppm. At that point, your pool would be so over saturated with aqueous carbon dioxide that your pH will rise like crazy. I doubt you'd ever get it below 7.8. With your current pool water numbers and a target value of TA at 170ppm, your CSI would be +0.52. If your pH rises to 8.0, which it almost certainly would, your CSI would go up to 0.68 and scaling would likely happen. I'm not a plaster expert, but it would not surprise me at all if all of those discolorations blooming on your pool surface is scale.

So my suggestion to you is to dump Texsun Pools, test your water yourself and follow the advice on this forum.

You want to be between -0.6 and +0.6.

Water temperature changes the CSI and since yours wasn't posted, I had to guess. You also have salt in your waterwater which lowers CSI but you won't know the level unless you test for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Post some pictures of the plaster please

My freshwater pool pH use to float up to 8.0 relatively quickly, but I've been running a lower TA of 70 this year which has helped out. I've added a fountain this year which contributes to the rise as well, but again with the lower TA it isn't severe.

How do I test salt? The test kit I have does not have it. The water temp is about 84 degrees. Here are some pictures of the plaster. The dark black are shadows of trees. the marks are white blotches

IMG_1494.jpgIMG_1495.jpgIMG_1496.jpg
You want to be between -0.6 and +0.6.

Water temperature changes the CSI and since yours wasn't posted, I had to guess. You also have salt in your waterwater which lowers CSI but you won't know the level unless you test for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Post some pictures of the plaster please

The areas are not rough or raised and it seems to be spreading quickly. I had the wetedge rep come out and he said it was due to low hardness at pool start up but since then the pool has been repolished and the hardness has been consistently maintained and yet in the last week the blotches have mushroomed. To me this may be a product issue or how it was applied. Not sure what is causing it yet. Have gone back to the builder to help fix.

Are those areas really rough and raised? Looks more like plaster discoloration than scale

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.