Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ideas for new pump?

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, TX

Ideas for new pump?

Hi everyone- so I recently purchased a house with a pool, and now that I have the chemicals more or less balanced I am taking a look at the equipment. The pump is the original pump from the 80's- still running but it is a power hog and only has one speed.

I am interested in replacing it with a variable speed pump. My pool is ~18K gallons and I have a C&C Plus 520 filter with brand new cartridges. Any recommendations for a pump for that size of a pool?

17800 Gallon, In Ground Plaster | Pentair Clean & Clear Plus 520 | Pentair Pump | MX8 Elite "Critter"

2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad
    DFW, TX

Re: Ideas for new pump?

With no water features, waterfalls or a spa the Pentair Superflo VS pump is a good choice.

Here are a couple of places to buy it.
    Pentair SuperFlo VS Pump 342001 | Pentair 342001
    Pentair VS PUMP VAR SPEED W/ TIMER SUPER FLO PUMP 115/230V - 342001 -
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

If your looking at getting a Pentair Superflo VS, like was suggested up above, I have one that I can sell you for $325. It's less then a year old but it just started to get noisy which usually means the bearings are going out. Bearings are fairly inexpensive to fix though. I would include a brand new set of unions for it as well...
    20k Gunite 16' x 32' , Hayward c7030 700 sq ft cartridge filter. Pentair Superflo 1hp 2sp pump, Intellichlor IC40 w/ Power Center SWG, Hayward GL-235 Solar Controller, (2) Digital GE Timers.

4. Back To Top    #4

San Antonio

Have you checked with you power company to see what rebates they have. In my case it made sense to go with a 3 hp pump because I got $700 back in rebates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Matt in San Antonio
    10,000 gallon IG plaster
    Pentair Intelliflow 2VS 3hp 3/4 hp booster pump
    Hayward C-1100 Cartridge Filter
    Sunluway 18w Color changing led light