cya and slam question

May 23, 2016
spring hill fl
My swg would not keep up. my cya was low so I added it to the pool and now it is at 150. was wondering about the dangers of this and I am still loosing chlorine :( I added shock about a week ago and was getting a reading of over 10 on total chlorine and 10 on fc. Today's test showed 4 on TC and 3 on FC. Now my water temp is almost 90 and the pool is in total sun here in florida. I did a chlorine lose test and lost 1 overnight. What is stumping me is why the swg is not keeping the chlorine lvl up (my swg is new because I thought the last on wasn't working).
My next question is when slamming the pool how high do I keep the chlorine lvl and do I just keep adding shock to keep the lvl there?

5400 gal intex pool

My swg would not keep up. my cya was low so I added it to the pool and now it is at 150. was wondering about the dangers of this and I am still loosing chlorine :( I added shock about a week ago and was getting a reading of over 10 on total chlorine and 10 on fc. Today's test showed 4 on TC and 3 on FC. Now my water temp is almost 90 and the pool is in total sun here in florida. I did a chlorine lose test and lost 1 overnight. What is stumping me is why the swg is not keeping the chlorine lvl up (my swg is new because I thought the last on wasn't working).
My next question is when slamming the pool how high do I keep the chlorine lvl and do I just keep adding shock to keep the lvl there?

5400 gal intex pool
How are you measuring that 150ppm CYA? What was your CYA level before you raised it, and what FC target were you trying to maintain?

What type of 'shock' did you add?

150ppm IMHO is unmanageable, with only 5400 gallons it would be best to drain 2/3-3/4 and refill to get that CYA down to 40-50ppm.

Whatever you do at this point, it is critical that you have accurate test measurements. How do you test your water?

Dom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.