Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help! Need to choose return placement ASAP.

1. Back To Top    #1
    Mentor, OH

Help! Need to choose return placement ASAP.

Hello! I appreciate all the knowledge in this forum so much. It's been invaluable! I have ran into an issue with our pool builder and he's willing to handle it, but he's not being overly helpful. Our contract states two skimmers & three returns for a 20x40 Grecian style pool, 4'-5'5" in depth. This is your basic vinyl liner pool.

They started yesterday and they walls went up today. I see only two returns. Both are placed on opposite corners (the angles) of the pool. There is no third return. I sent a text asking about this and he said two returns are standard and that's all we need. He will put a third in, but I need to tell him where I want it. I know nothing about this! He's the builder. Please help. Where should I place the third return? The skimmers are on the other two angled corners. Thanks for your help!
    Amanda & Raleigh - NE OH
    20x40 vinyl Grecian starting 6/2016

2. Back To Top    #2

Houston tx

Re: Help! Need to choose return placement ASAP.

Do you have pictures of your plans you can post? That might help people visualize where things are.
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop