Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Cement Steps in Steel Wall Vinyl Liner pool

1. Back To Top    #1

West Babylon

Cement Steps in Steel Wall Vinyl Liner pool

I'm looking to install cement corner steps in a steel wall pull, where I can put the liner over the steps. Currently I have fiberglass drop in steps that are a complete hassle.

I'm not 100% sure what type of concrete mix to use, and is there any special prep so moisture doesn't destroy the steps as years go on.
    I'm also not 100% what dimensions would make the steps more user friendly. I don't have a huge pool, and not looking to crowd the shallow end with a big step. I'm attaching pictures that would be perfect for my application.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

TFP Guide
    'burbs of Augusta, Georgia

Re: Cement Steps in Steel Wall Vinyl Liner pool

Welcome to TFP

I'm going to refer this to Duraleigh- he built a *massive* pool and I believe his were cement.
    12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub. Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain
    CLICK HERE to Become a Supporter

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

Re: Cement Steps in Steel Wall Vinyl Liner pool

Easy to do. 3000 psi concrete is just fine (that's just "ordinary" concrete.) The concrete will not stick to the steel walls so to keep the steel walls from "bulging", you will want to pin that concrete so it is anchored firmly to the steel.

You can get rids of old bricks or rocks or other forms of masonry so you don't have to use so much concrete.

Very doable with little drawbacks if you use some good common sense.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School