Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations for Pool/Deck Ladder?

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendations for Pool/Deck Ladder?

Am currently building a deck (we're using composite wood, if that matters) right up to my above ground pool (24' x 54" round) and I'm looking for recommendations for a nice sturdy ladder that would attach to the deck and allow us to climb down into the pool. I'm really concerned about damaging the vinyl liner (as I've been reading reviews where people said this has happened to them) so any good brands or experiences with quality ladders would be helpful.

Also, would it be a good idea to get any sort of liner protector or corner protector for the ladder section of the pool just as a precaution?

For what it's worth, I have three little girls - ages 8, 5, & 2 - and they will most definitely be hanging on and playing on and by the ladder at least 30% of the time they're in the pool. A wider step would also be helpful for avoiding fights over who gets to sit on the steps!
    Just bought first above-ground pool!
    24' x 54" round Matrix by Sharkline
    150 sq. ft. Pentair cartridge filter with 1 1/2 HP dual speed pump
    Looking into heaters now...
    Any help is appreciated!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Recommendations for Pool/Deck Ladder?

"Wedding cake" steps might be better for kids who are going to use it as a play area.
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMcC View Post
    "Wedding cake" steps might be better for kids who are going to use it as a play area.
    I did see a nice "wedding cake" style step online and thought that would be perfect, but people were saying it ripped holes in their liner. But, assuming there are more than one makers/manufactures of this style. Some of probably better than others.
    Any help is appreciated!

4. Back To Top    #4

Amazon.com : Confer Plastics A-Frame 7200 Above Ground Adjustable Pool Roll-Guard Safety Ladder : Swimming Pool Ladders : Patio, Lawn Garden

We have this one....It comes apart in half and you buy a kit for like $30 that lets you attach it to the deck. its rock solid.

EDIT:

Here is the conversion kit. It's $40 now, not $30.
    24'x54" 15k AG round - Outback Genesis
    1 1/2hp Hayward Matrix 2 speed. Hayward 180T Sand Filter
    TF-100 Test Kit
    Pool School & TF-100
    How to SLAM

5. Back To Top    #5

You'd want a mat under the stairs, but we've had a mat since we were using the Intex ladder.

Kids just love blocking the stairs and then fighting over them. Having more open steps can help engineer the squabbling out of your pool.
    "...chemistry is not an exact science" -Mario Andrada, Rio 2016 Olympics spokesman
    21' x 52" Radiant Metric Round ~10K gal AGP with Hayward S180t pump/sand filter.
    Caldera (Watkins) Martinique 340 gallon installed in basement, Bromine and ozone.
    Taylor K-2006 test kit.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by kris77 View Post
    Here is the conversion kit. It's $40 now, not $30.
    Thanks for the link! It looks nice! I don't see the conversion kit link though...

Also, do you use a mat under the stairs with this one?
    Any help is appreciated!