Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pump

Lost my pump to lightning so looking for advice on new purchase. Old pump was 3 HP Pentair Intelliflo VS. From what i have read and understand this pump was probably overkill for my system limited by 1.5" plumbing and my existing filter. Only really used about 2 speeds on the pump anyway. My gut tells me to go with something along the lines of the 1.5 Pentair Superflo VS. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
    21000 gal IG vinyl / Pentair TA-60 sand filter / 3 hp Pentair Intelliflo VSPump / Circupool SI-30 SWG / TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pump

The Intelliflo uses the WhisperFlo wet end so if you wanted to, you could just replace the impeller and motor.

My gut tells me to go with something along the lines of the 1.5 Pentair Superflo VS.
    Why? It is a little large.

BTW, did you have surge protection on the Intelliflo?
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New Pump

No surge protection - expensive lesson! Lost the Electronic control panel which costs about $700 - so pretty much an expansive paperweight at this point.
    21000 gal IG vinyl / Pentair TA-60 sand filter / 3 hp Pentair Intelliflo VSPump / Circupool SI-30 SWG / TF-100 test kit