Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: The farthest skimmer & return works not as good as the closest ones

1. Back To Top    #1

The farthest skimmer & return works not as good as the closest ones

I have 3 skimmers and 3 returns. The motor is a 1.65HP various speed and placed on one side, 10 feet away from the pool. When I run it @highest speed, it is pretty obvious that the closest skimmer and return work best, and the farthest works worst. When I run @lower speed, obvious there is even no water flow returned from farthest and very small from the middle ones.

Is it reasonable? I actually care more about the skimmers than returns, because if there are some leaves or branches on the other side of the pool, it is very hard for the farthest skimmer to catch them. Is that possible to adjust the inflow of a skimmer so that I can balance the flow among all 3 of them? Same question for the returns. but I doubt if there is any way to adjust that.

thank you.
    20'x 40' 32000 gallon pool. (built approx in 2001.)
    Vinyl liner (replaced in 2017)
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator.
    Pentair Whisperflow pump w/ Variable Speed V-Green 165 Pool Pump Replacement Motor

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: The farthest skimmer & return works not as good as the closest ones

You'd have to have some inline valves to do that to divert water in the same line. Are they all piped together?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: The farthest skimmer & return works not as good as the closest ones

I am not quite sure I understand the question. However lets say the 3 skimmers, they are using the same line back to the pump. How can I add an inline valve? Can you show me a link? I would like to know how the inline valve looks like and how to install it.

thank you.
    20'x 40' 32000 gallon pool. (built approx in 2001.)
    Vinyl liner (replaced in 2017)
    Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generator.
    Pentair Whisperflow pump w/ Variable Speed V-Green 165 Pool Pump Replacement Motor