Bleach Clarification

Jun 22, 2015
New Jersey
I just have a question regarding bleach. I recently switched over to using bleach and have a few questions. My first question: is there a difference between regular clorox bleach and clorox germicidal bleach? and is germicidal safe to use in a pool or are there additional things added and I should just stick to the regular bleach? and when using the pool math calculator I'm assuming I should be plugging in the chlorine % and not the % for sodium hypochlorite. My apologies if these questions seem dumb. I'm still in the process of learning about pool chemistry.

When we say bleach, we mean plain generic bleach... No scents, ez-pour or even "germicidal". If we don't know whats in it we don't want to use it

In Pool math in the FC section on the top line just put in the % of the bleach you are using, hopefully 8.25%

I have not bought Clorox in years, but I have a distaste for their marketing in general. All bleach by nature is germicidal. So... the regular bleach is germicidal. My guess is that there is only a difference in the concentration. Review the bottles for strength. Either type is fine just buy the one that is the best value/hypochlorite.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.