First time ag pool owner!

Jun 29, 2016
Warrenton, VA
Hi all :wave:

I'm a first time ag pool owner yay! My husband decided to buy a pool for our kids with ZERO knowledge of taking care of it, and I'll be the one in charge.

He bought a Coleman 18' x 48'' ag round pool two days ago and just said I'll help build it and fill it then you're on your own :(. Well he's working and I'm searching everywhere on what to buy to keep this darn thing sparkling!

I love the pool but am feeling a bit overwhelmed getting started. Thankfully I found this site and already see how knowledgeable and helpful everyone is!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Everything you need to know about pools is here. I will foot-stomp this though ... the RIGHT test kit! That's a MUST. I would recommend the TF-100 (link below) but the Taylor K-2006C will also work. But you must have one of those. The other links below in my sig and/or from the home page are extremely valuable. Make yourself at home here at TFP. :)

Awesome! I've been in the hospital for a week with gallstones and acute pancreatitis :sad:(don't wait 2 months after the first attack...I was the worst case the surgeon has seen. yay me!!) When I got home my pool was yellow/green. I added chlorine right away and all of the other levels were ok.