Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time ag pool owner!

1. Back To Top    #1

First time ag pool owner!

Hi all

I'm a first time ag pool owner yay! My husband decided to buy a pool for our kids with ZERO knowledge of taking care of it, and I'll be the one in charge.

He bought a Coleman 18' x 48'' ag round pool two days ago and just said I'll help build it and fill it then you're on your own . Well he's working and I'm searching everywhere on what to buy to keep this darn thing sparkling!

I love the pool but am feeling a bit overwhelmed getting started. Thankfully I found this site and already see how knowledgeable and helpful everyone is!
    Coleman 18' x 48'' 6,000 gal. round AG pool,FlowClear Filter Pump 90401e (came with pool), installed and filled 06/27/2016 with city water. Taylor Technologies K-2005 - DPD Complete Chlorine Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time ag pool owner!

Hello and welcome to TFP! Everything you need to know about pools is here. I will foot-stomp this though ... the RIGHT test kit! That's a MUST. I would recommend the TF-100 (link below) but the Taylor K-2006C will also work. But you must have one of those. The other links below in my sig and/or from the home page are extremely valuable. Make yourself at home here at TFP.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you!! My husband bought the Taylor Technologies K-2005 - DPD Complete Chlorine Kit, is this kit fine?
    Coleman 18' x 48'' 6,000 gal. round AG pool,FlowClear Filter Pump 90401e (came with pool), installed and filled 06/27/2016 with city water. Taylor Technologies K-2005 - DPD Complete Chlorine Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

All you need to do is add THIS ITEM to what you have now and it essentially changes the K-2005 to the K-2006.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and if you don't already have the SPEED STIR, it's a great tool to have as well.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.

5. Back To Top    #5

Awesome! I've been in the hospital for a week with gallstones and acute pancreatitis (don't wait 2 months after the first attack...I was the worst case the surgeon has seen. yay me!!) When I got home my pool was yellow/green. I added chlorine right away and all of the other levels were ok.

6. Back To Top    #6

Holy smokes! Well, your health certainly comes before the pool. The water will be there whenever you are ready to SLAM. Let us know if you have anymore questions as you approach the weekend. Take care.