Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Floating liner..........help

1. Back To Top    #1

Floating liner..........help

Hey everyone,

I just wanted some advice. My liner has floated causing wrinkles once a season for the past three years. I have corrected different things each year (24/7 dry well pump, ground water drainage, drainage into a field tile) thinking that I have solved the problem and it keeps happening. I have narrowed it down to my water feature. This past weekend I had my water feature running for around 7 hours and my liner started to float again. I checked my dry well when it happened and it was empty. The pool looked like it maybe down an inch or two, nothing crazy though. I am not sure how it is happening. With having 16,000 gallon pool, should the weight of the water not hold down liner from the little bit of water that is getting behind it? I think there is either a leak in the water feature underground line or the water from the water feature is hitting the coping getting in between the liner and the coping. If anyone has had an issue like this in the past or think they know what is causing it could you let me cause I'm baffled. Thanks!

IMG_0007 by Judge, on Flickr
    15K, 16x32 IG vinyl, Jandy 1 Hp Pump, Jandy sand filter, Zodiac Salt System, 266 Raypak Digital Heater N/G, 2 LED Aqualamps, Clear Deck Solar Roller, 2 12" Sheer Descent waterfalls, K-2006 w/ Speedstir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Floating liner..........help

I don't know what to advise you but just wanted to say that is one of the best looking in ground vinyl pool layouts
    I have ever seen!
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.

3. Back To Top    #3

Why is it telling me that the photo is adult content and I can not see the photo unless I log in? ... not worth the effort.

Much easier if you post the direct link in IMG tags: How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by borjis View Post
    I don't know what to advise you but just wanted to say that is one of the best looking in ground vinyl pool layouts
    I have ever seen!
    Thanks! My wife and I came up with the design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Why is it telling me that the photo is adult content and I can not see the photo unless I log in? ... not worth the effort.

Much easier if you post the direct link in IMG tags: How To Post Pictures tutorial.
    I have no idea. I was just going with your instructions on how to post with flickr.

Here's it through Photobucket. Hope you can see this one.

15K, 16x32 IG vinyl, Jandy 1 Hp Pump, Jandy sand filter, Zodiac Salt System, 266 Raypak Digital Heater N/G, 2 LED Aqualamps, Clear Deck Solar Roller, 2 12" Sheer Descent waterfalls, K-2006 w/ Speedstir.

5. Back To Top    #5

That works.

It certainly seems like it is likely the waterfall is somehow leaking, I doubt it is at the liner bead.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Could it possibly be getting in behind the liner at the liner bead from the fountain splash? You can buy a rubber liner bead seal, pretty cheap I think, install it around the entire pool or just in that area?
    If not, there must be a leak somewhere inside the fountain structure. Do you have an access door, or do those large caps move so you could get in there with a flashlight?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    In-ground block / vinyl liner 33' x 22' x 5',, approx 25k gals
    Cartridge Filter
    Floor drains, 2 skimmers, 3 return lines (2" plumbing ultra-flex PVC)

7. Back To Top    #7

I think it's the fountain leaking too.

Pretty sure he doesn't need more liner lock...you're supposed to have gaps in it to keep the liner from bunching up.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Raypak PR266AEN (266k btu) gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.
    Dolphin E10 Cleaning Robot.