Aqualogic System Issue - Help

Jun 24, 2016
Montreal
Hi everyone,
New to this superb forum and my first post requesting some help.

I have an in-ground salt pool which is managed with the Aqualogic system. I also have the wireless remote in the house. I have attached two pictures as reference.

What is happening is without any warning nor reason I can see.. the power to the pump gets stopped.

On the closeup picture I have attached. The moment you click on the Filter button it lights up yellow and sends power to the pump which does its thing. I wake up in the morning and there is a "no flow" warning. I head outside.. the main panel is on (digital screen is lit up). However, the filter light is not lit up. Its as if someone went and pushed the button.

Unit is 7-8 years old and this bug is driving me mad. Because if I am away for a few days, there is a good chance that system stops working and pool will not be filtered.

There were no power surges, even small ones as I have very sensitive UPS systems at homes for several servers.

Any ideas would be most welcome.

Rgds, Shawn

Attachments

• IMG_4792.jpg
    IMG_4792.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_4793.jpg
    IMG_4793.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 92
Push the Menu button until it says Timers, then scroll right to see what timers are set. If there is a time on/off time set, that will override you manually turning on the pump and turn it off at the normal time.

Why are you trying to run 24/7? That is a significant waste of power and money (unless you are SLAMing)

If you want to do that, just select the OFF time and change it to be the same as the ON time (and the timer will be deactivated)

All the manuals are available on the Hayward website.

Hi,
I have always run my pool 24/7.. And just last week I got a beautiful variable speed pump so running it at 1400rpm isnt a huge issue as far as electrical consumption is concerned.

Also, unless I am mistaken.. If I put a timer on and it cuts power to the pump.. Unlike my old single speed pump, once the power comes back.. the pump turns on with its lights & clock.. but you have to physically push a button 1,2 or 3 and choose a speed setting to get it to start pumping again.

Rgds, Shawn

I'm at office now. Will post full pix when I get home.

There is a plug on side of the pump which I was assured by store is supposed to be hooked into the main panel. I frankly am no engineer and the thought of doing this scared me to death.

Assuming its an easy plug in.. What is the benefit of plugging it into the main panel ?

Many thanks for taking the time.

Rgds, Shawn

I think it is just like a telephone cable between the pump and automation. If you plug it in, then the automation has full control over the pump and you will never have to push any buttons on the pump. Which then obviously lets you run the pump less and save $, which is the whole point of you getting a VS pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi Mikemass,

Thank you for quick reply. Didnt even know I had a "Timers".

Once I find it (this will be a fun search). How do I set the range so it runs 24/7/365 ?.

Regards, Shawn

I can't attach a large PDF on this site apparantly. So go to this link:
Manuals | Resources - Hayward Pool Products

Click on the FIFTH one down under:
Automation: In Ground That is the AQL-P-4 Installation

That is your system.

It can be a little confusing and intimidating at first. But once you get used to scrolling though the menu and the many sub menus within, you will get it.

a85b270cb971cd1796d25c0a2693deb4.jpg
13ef2665ac368e53ffe2788b8b965a32.jpg
e75abf3e7647d9b3849fca8f941b1b88.jpg

Hi Guys,

Well, you were right on the money with the timers. There was a timer set from 12:15-12:00... Clearly I had gone in there and at some point in error pushed an arrow up.. I brought it back to off as per pic. Let's assume for now I want it to run 24/7.

Also attached are two pictures of the new pump I got.

I will go back to store to see if it can be hooked up to my system.

Thank you all again.

Regards, Shawn

Sorry.. I'm back
I sniffed around with the settings on the Aqualogic.. It will control a 1 speed or 2 speed motor only. No option for variable speed motor.
would you guys spend the $ on changing the box so it would control a variable speed motor?.

Rgds, Shawn

Here is the manual for the pump.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/SuperFloVS1.5OM.pdf

The motor is made by KINETEK ADVANCED AC SOLUTIONS.

To connect in the automation with relays, you need the External Control Wiring Kit (Pentair P/N 353129Z). This will connect to the plug on the side of the motor and then you would use the relays in the automation box to control the speeds.

Basically, you would wire power directly to the motor and not from the relay. Then you would plug the wiring kit plug into the side of the motor and then connect the wires into the relays as shown in the manual.

Each speed requires a relay. I would suggest using relay 1 and 2 for two speed control. Basically, you’re treating the pump as a two speed pump but where you can set the two speeds to whatever you want.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.