First time using the TF-100 kit

Not sure why I put it off so long, but I finally went through all the tests. Very easy with the auto stir, here are my results:

FC = 3.5
CC = 0.5
CH = 300
TA = 70
CYA = 40
PH = between 7.2-7.5

These were taken this morning before my timer kicked on, just wanted to get an idea of how the test was. Going to remeasure the chlorine this evening after my SWG has a chance to run.

Nice. Not sure if you are just sharing or were looking for any advice. (no question is post)... Everything looks great. Perhaps consider a higher CYA being that you have a SWG. Otherwise nice work.

Mostly sharing, but anyways open to advice. Appreciate the feedback, I'm going to add 8# of cya based on the calculator.

I'm really surprised at the numbers considering I haven't done anything since opening the pool back on May 4. Was expecting it to be bad..

Prior to testing, always run the pump for 20-30 minutes to mix the water. If the water was sitting idle for a while you could theoretically have higher or lower readings in your test sample then other parts of the pool.

Mike's suggestion to increase the CYA level is sound. Don't forget to check the Chlorine / CYA Chart for the recommended FC minimum and target levels for your increased CYA level.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.