Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: First time using the TF-100 kit

1. Back To Top    #1

First time using the TF-100 kit

Not sure why I put it off so long, but I finally went through all the tests. Very easy with the auto stir, here are my results:

FC = 3.5
    CC = 0.5
    CH = 300
    TA = 70
    CYA = 40
    PH = between 7.2-7.5

These were taken this morning before my timer kicked on, just wanted to get an idea of how the test was. Going to remeasure the chlorine this evening after my SWG has a chance to run.
    Pool: 28K gal, vinyl lined, rectangular, auto cover
    Equipment: Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Raypak 266A heater, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Pentair superflo 1hp 2spd pump, Polaris PB4-60 booster pump and Polaris 280 cleaner. TF-100 w/speed-stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First time using the TF-100 kit

Nice. Not sure if you are just sharing or were looking for any advice. (no question is post)... Everything looks great. Perhaps consider a higher CYA being that you have a SWG. Otherwise nice work.
    25 + year pool owner. Current pool (going on 11th year) - 38K gallon in ground Gunite/White Plaster, Spillover Spa, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward 450k BTU NG Heater, Hayward Goldline Aqua Logic control with T-Cell-15 Salt Water Cell, Dolphin Explorer.
    You Need: Bleach, a A Test Kit & a Bookmark to "Pool School". Now what's your question?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by mikemass View Post
    Nice. Not sure if you are just sharing or were looking for any advice. (no question is post)... Everything looks great. Perhaps consider a higher CYA being that you have a SWG. Otherwise nice work.
    Mostly sharing, but anyways open to advice. Appreciate the feedback, I'm going to add 8# of cya based on the calculator.

I'm really surprised at the numbers considering I haven't done anything since opening the pool back on May 4. Was expecting it to be bad..
    Pool: 28K gal, vinyl lined, rectangular, auto cover
    Equipment: Mineral Springs MS-10 SWG, Raypak 266A heater, Jandy CL460 cartridge filter, Pentair superflo 1hp 2spd pump, Polaris PB4-60 booster pump and Polaris 280 cleaner. TF-100 w/speed-stir

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

Prior to testing, always run the pump for 20-30 minutes to mix the water. If the water was sitting idle for a while you could theoretically have higher or lower readings in your test sample then other parts of the pool.

Mike's suggestion to increase the CYA level is sound. Don't forget to check the Chlorine / CYA Chart for the recommended FC minimum and target levels for your increased CYA level.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment