New AG saltwater pool setup questions...

Hello all! I'm a noob, please bear with me.
Pool is filled (for the first time), sand filter running, salt added and dissolved for 24 hours, salt generator running for 2nd 8 hour go. Have not added cya yet, should I add it now? Pool is crystal clear!

Tested 7am today
Fc=1
Tc= 2
Cc= 1
Ph= 8
Ta= 8
Ch= 150
Cya= 0

I'm assuming add cya now so I slow chlorine loss?

Going to add some chlorine bleach to bring the levels up. Do I let that run through the system and expect the pH to come back, or should I had some muriatic acid as well?

Thats where I sit, will test later today. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Suggestions embedded in bold below:

Have not added cya yet, should I add it now? Yes

Tested 7am today
Fc=1
Tc= 2
Cc= 1 (WHY Do you have CC's already in a newly filled pool? Address this)
Ph= 8 add Acid
Ta= 8 Think you mean 80
Ch= 150
Cya= 0 See above

I'm assuming add cya now so I slow chlorine loss? YES Again

Going to add some chlorine bleach to bring the levels up. Yes. Do this ASAP before you even respond to me. Do I let that run through the system and expect the pH to come back, (One doesn't affect the other) or should I had some muriatic acid as well? Yes, add MA

Thats where I sit, will test later today. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!

It is possible that the water district uses chloramines in the water sanitation process which would register as CC for a couple of days.

Yes to CYA
Yes to bleach
Yes to acid
:)

Fc=3 I want this at 4, so I'll need more bleach added .
Tc=3
Cc=0
Ph=7.4 lower than I'd like
Ta=110 add baking soda?
Ch=140
Cya=30 add more

Anything I'm missing?

If anything you want to lower your TA. I wouldn't raise it anymore. 110 is within range by conventional industry standards, which is 80-120. (TFP is anywhere between 50 - 90+ depending on pool surface and method of chlorination)...

BUT.... You fall into the Salt Water/Vinyl category. Vinyl not so much a factor, but with a Salt System, I believe you will do better with a lower TA. How much lower? That is up to you to experiment. I think 80 is a decent starting point and go lower if needed based on the behavior of your rate of pH bounce.

Note on "Fc=3 I want this at 4, so I'll need more bleach added ." :

You understand that Chlorine is a consumable item in our pools? This is not a one time target to achieve and you are all set. Sorry if I am being ultra-basic with this info, but I wanted to make it clear, because based on your posts I wasn't sure if you are aware of that. You can certainly use bleach to bump that number up quickly. But it gets used up. In order to maintain your target level you need to experiment with your SWG %'age output and run times to see what the ideal combination is for your pool to maintain your target.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.