Flagstone Border Decay / Chipping

abrink

Mar 16, 2014
Orlando, FL
Hi All,

I have a pebbletec pool, with what I believe is a flagstone border at the top edge. It appears as if the flagstone is chipping off and decaying -- I even found a quarter size chip of it in my pool vacuum.
I'm going to assume this has to do something with CH as my pH is usually around 7.6 sometime as high as 7.8. CH is around 200.

Can someone confirm my theory? I plan on raising my CH to around 250.

SWG Pool, 13,500 Gallons.

No, the CH is not impacting the flagstone. Although, the CH is too low for your plaster/pebble. It really needs to be about 350 ppm.

Flagstone is a natural stone and has large amounts of variations in its make up, strength and how it deteriorates. Some flake off large pieces, some flake off paper thin pieces, some pits and some doesn't deteriorate at all. We have a lot of flagstone around our pool and on paths in the yard and we have all different variations. It is probably best to have the most deteriorating pieces replaced.

More here on your water balance, Pool School - Water Balance for SWGs

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.