Thoughts on how to get salt stains out of newly acid washed pool?

Rossterman

Jun 5, 2016
Martinez, CA
Some of you remember my recent post where I drained and acid washed my 10 year old pebble-tec pool. It came out better than when it was first built with color uniform and zero mottling.

I was in the process of adding 10 40 lb bags of salt and working to install a new aquapure to replace the older unit. Added salt and when I went to start circulation pump, the transformer on the aqualink went bad so not controls for the pool. It was just before sunset so brushed around the crystals some and decided to tackle it in the morning.

Was surprised,in the morning that the salt was mostly still undesolved but got the pump running and brushed it around while operating the pool sweep to help stir it all up. Looking at the bottom in sunlight a few hours later and there are two slightly brown stains ruunning down floor near the sides where the salt sat. I was almost in tears as the pool (caribbean blue) was perfect until I did this. I brushed it to no avail and looking closely from the surface it looked like the salt etched the pebble--tec away!

I got on the swim mask and investigated this morning expecting to see that I basically damaged the finish soo much that I will have to have the pool refinished. To my relief, the finish is still smooth and no loose pebbles, just a brown stain that wont brush off with a SS wire brush.

so to my question; any ideas (other than draining and acid washing again) to remove these without causing the bottom to become blotchy? Was thinking of using muratic in an applicator to apply underwater directly to the finish but didnt know if this can be done to provide a uniform result? To be truthful, the staining isnt too noticible unless you are looking for it but it is bugging me that I ruined it!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.