I bought a sliding pool enclosure last summer and the pool was covered from mid October until mid May. On opening in May the water was clear and at least 8°C higher than previous years, but the walls and basin were covered in green algae. When I started the pool the readings were :
FCL=0.5, CC=1.66, PH=7, TA=101, CH=102 and CYA=45 and then things started going wrong.
I installed new grids in my DE filter and loaded it up with 4.8 lbs of DE, then I started cleaning and shocking the pool with Sodium dichloroisocyanurate dihydrate tabs , the same as I have been doing for the last five years. After quite a few filter strip downs to clean the grids I noticed that there was a problem with the filter - the grids didn't seem to be coating evenly and there were large areas where the DE was clumped and the pool had turned into a cloudy blue mess. After chatting to other TFP forum members I came to the conclusion that the DE was to blame so I bought a different brand and within 48 hours the pool cleared. After another week of trying to get the water balanced by old shock techniques I decided to switch to the TFP Slamming technique. Now I have come to the conclusion that I do not understand what is happening with the pool chemistry and need the help and advice of the TFP experts. I will attach a list of the readings taken over the last 10 days courtesy of Jesse's excellent pool testing log V3.0.