Plumbing -- Would Love to See Pictures

I've been reading a lot of posts on how different people have their plumbing for their above ground pools. Alot of it doesn't quite make sense to me because I'm real newbie at this and seeing it is easier than reading it. Even though I've had my pool for 5 years, I've always just assumed that the plumbing is the way it is because that's how the pool store set it up. However, after reading so many posts on this forum, I think there has got to be a better way of plumbing all the pipes that I have.

So, here are the problems with my plumbing for my pool:

1. I have a Nature II filter. I have not used this thing since the first season. I've learned from the Pool Forum that this is not needed, so I have not purchased a new cartridge/filter. However, because it's piped in with everything, my DH and I didn't know how not to include it. So, it's still attached to all the plumbing, but there is no cartridge in it.

2. I have a gas heater (Hayward H150). Last year, one of the pvc pipes cracked under all the constant movement of the DE Filter/Pump. For a quick fix, my husband bought some rubber joints and clamped it together. All in all, it works okay, but we've had these joints come loose and we've lost water. This happened twice last summer and once already this year.
I don't want this to happen again.

I've attached pics of my pump. Hopefully, it's legible so that you can see the awkward way we have all our plumbing and give me some great suggestions. If you can attach a picture of what you have or what you are referring to, that would be great. Pictures are worth a thousand words and I can understand seeing it more than reading it.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Pump 1.jpg
    Pump 1.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 357
  • Pump 2.JPG
    Pump 2.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 357
Same heater as i do.. I would do one of two things..

1. make some sort of support under the pipe.. Thats a lot of water and weight going threw and no support except for the rubber fittings..
2. Dont know how far it is to the deck. Buy a piece of 3/8 or 1/2" Threaded rod and one end threw the deck nuts on both sides and than on the other side put the apporiate size pipe clamp http://www.minerallac.com/Hangers.htm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.